Could you have an abdominal aortic aneurysm?
An abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Is a weakening and ballooning of the largest artery in the abdomen
- Is associated with a high risk of rupture if over 5 cm in size
- Results in death in 75% of cases if it ruptures
You are at risk if you are...
- Male and over 60 years of age
- Female and over 65 years of age
- Over 50 years of age with a family history of one
Complications can be averted if the disease is...
- Detected early
- Diagnosed accurately
- Treated appropriately